As a Norman City Council Member, Aleisha has been steadfast in her commitment to environmental stewardship, protecting water quality and pushing for responsible utility regulation regarding pesticide usage and maintenance of a healthy tree canopy in public rights of way. As your state senator, she will:
- Oppose the adoption of "prosperity zones" which can lead to suspension of environmental protection policies;
- Protect the rights of cities and towns to adopt environmental policies which fit the unique circumstances and needs of their communities;
- Support a tax system which puts all energy producers on a level playing field with respect to the state's revenues;
- Advocate for net metering so that individual citizens can adopt without financial penalty renewable technologies for their personal use and communities can pursue energy strategies to reduce their carbon footprint;
- Insist upon science-based analysis of all issues.