education and opportunity
Aleisha’s own life story informs her commitment to strong public schools and lifelong education as pathways to economic opportunity and security. As your state senator, she will:
- Work to restore K-12 education funding and teacher salaries to the regional average and fight to reverse the brain drain of teachers to other states;
- Support higher education policies and funding that protect students from crushing debt and ever increasing tuition;
- Advocate for adequate education resources in the classroom including textbooks, technology, and equipment;
- Pursue expanded technology center programs that enhance the STEM skills of Oklahomans and thus attract high paid jobs to our state;
- Fight to reduce administrative expenses including costly high-stakes testing and insure that every dollar possible reaches the classroom.